TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR TRAVELLERS
1. Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou hast them at home, for thou hast
left thy home to find things different.
2. Thou shalt not take anything too seriously for a carefree mind is the beginning
of a fine vacation.
3. Thou shalt not let thy fellow travellers get on thy nerves, for thou art paying
good money to travel.
4. Remember thy passport so thou knowest where it is at all times, for a person
without a passport is a person without a country.
5. Remember to take only one half of the clothes thou thinkest thou needest and
twice the amount of money.
6. Remember if thou wast expected to stay in one place thou wouldst have been
created with roots.
7. Thou shalt not worry. Those who worry have no pleasure. Few things are ever
8. Thou shalt not make thyself a tourist. When in Rome do somewhat as the
9. Thou shalt not judge the people of a country by the one person with whom
thou hast had trouble.
10. Remember thou art a guest in every land, and when thou treateth thy host
with respect thou shalt be treated as an honoured guest.